Learn how to make this Classic Cheese Pizza with only 4 ingredients. Use the Blackstone Pizza Oven to create that perfect crispy crust in minutes.
With a hand-rolled crust, a layer of homemade pizza sauce, and shredded mozzarella from edge to edge! Serve this thin and crispy cheese pizza to your guests in about 15 minutes.
This is not a deep-dish pizza! If you have a finicky eater, then this pizza recipe is perfect for them. Make this homemade cheese pizza recipe for a kids birthday party meal and become the hit of the party.
Start a new weekly tradition and have pizza night at home. If you are really feeling adventurous, then let your party guests make their own pizza and cook them in the pizza oven. If you are looking for a vegan pizza option, try this vegan flatbread pizza.
This thin and crispy pizza crust beats take-out pizza or your favorite pizzeria!! A simple, delicious combination of a crispy crust, great tasting pizza sauce, and melting mozzarella cheese.
As an Amazon Associate, a Walmart Affiliate, and a member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Blackstone 22” Griddle Pizza Oven Attachment
Using the Blackstone pizza oven add on attachment is my favorite way to make homemade cheese pizzas. This outdoor pizza oven is a wonderful addition to the Blackstone Products line.
With the two pizza stones patent technology, the crust is crispy on the bottom as well as the top. Cook a homemade cheese pizza in under 10 minutes!!
To learn more about the new Blackstone Pizza Oven Attachment, check out my post. Need help to set up the Blackstone pizza oven attachment?
To learn more, watch my YouTube video at Blackstone Pizza Oven – Set-up.
Chef Sherry’s Cookbook
The Best Homemade Blackstone Pizza Dough Recipe
Learn how to make the best homemade Blackstone pizza dough recipe that you have ever had!!! Get my pizza dough recipe for Blackstone pizza dough.
This pizza crust recipe is thin and crispy when rolled out with a rolling pin. Don’t want to make your own pizza dough?
Then you can use a pre-baked pizza crust, pizza dough kits, or refrigerated store bought pizza dough tubes. I have used all of these options with great success.
Super Easy Homemade Pizza Sauce
My super easy homemade Blackstone pizza sauce is made with a few pantry staples. Learn how to make this pizza sauce recipe here at Best Homemade Pizza Sauce.
No cooking the sauce. Just combine all the ingredients and there is your flavorful sauce! Make extras to store in the freezer for later use.
Store-bought pizza sauce is another great option. Try Classico and Contadina pizza sauces.
Best Pizza Cheese
The best pizza cheese is mozzarella! Freshly shredded cheese is best but pre-shredded bagged mozzarella cheese will work.
To achieve a non-traditional tasting pizza, add one or more different types of shredded cheese with the mozzarella cheese. Try white sharp cheddar, grated parmesan cheese, fontina, Swiss, and white American. Goat cheese, fresh mozzarella slices,
Thin and Crispy Cheese Pizza Tips
- Create different flavors by topping the pizza with fresh herbs such as fresh basil or fresh oregano. Use black pepper, salt, black olives, olive oil, and burrata cheese.
- Don’t want to use cornmeal? Use a lightly floured surface to roll out the dough.
- A good pizza peel is a must have. Trying to get the pizzas in and out of the pizza oven can be a challenge without one. Rotating them will also be a challenge.
- I recommend using cornmeal when pressing out my homemade pizza dough. All-purpose flour works well when pressing out the dough but when baking on the hot pizza stone it tends to burn and creates an unpleasant tasting pizza crust. If you want to add flour to prevent your fingers from sticking to the dough, then use a little bit.
- Rotate the homemade crispy pizza in the pizza oven every couple minutes to prevent burning. From experience, the back side of the Blackstone pizza oven gets hotter than the front.
- When baking homemade cheese pizzas, keep the oven temperature (use the front oven gauge) between 500°F to 600°F. When using an inferred thermometer on the bottom stone, the temperature is going to be hotter than the oven temperature.
Ingredients for a Cheese Pizza
Pizza Dough – I recommend my homemade pizza dough recipe, but you can use other options.
Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
How to Make a Cheese Pizza in a Blackstone Pizza Oven
Gather all the ingredients to make the cheese pizza. Next, preheat the Blackstone pizza oven to medium high heat.
TIP: heating up the Blackstone pizza oven will take about 10 to 15 minutes. It is best to cook the homemade cheese pizza directly on the hot pizza stone.
When using a pizza pan is fine but will give you a different crust. Using cornmeal on the work surface, press out the desired amount of pizza dough.
Flour your fingertips and rolling pin to prevent sticking to the pizza dough. To move the prepared pizza easily, make the pizza on top of the pizza peel.
When needed, sprinkle more cornmeal under the pizza dough to prevent sticking and to help getting it in and out of the oven. Use a rolling pin for a thinner pizza crust, to get the homemade pizza dough crust to the desired size.
With a ladle, spread an even layer of pizza sauce on top of the rolled-out pizza crust. Sprinkle an even layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
If you want a thinner layer of melted cheese, then spread a thin layer shredded cheese. Do you like a lot of cheese?
Add an extra layer of shredded cheese. Bake the pizza or cover in plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to bake.
How to Cook the Blackstone Pizza Oven Cheese Pizza
Once the pizza oven is preheated to between 500°F and 600°F, cook the pizza. Use the pizza peel to slide the freshly made classic cheese pizza to the back of the oven.
Every 2 minutes, check the crispy pizza recipe. Use the pizza peel to rotate the pizza (about halfway through baking) on the pizza stone to cook evenly.
Cooking times will vary for every pizza oven so make sure to check often. A smaller cheese pizza will cook in 4 to 6 minutes. Larger cheese pizzas will cook in under 10 minutes.
When the pizza cheese is melted, has a crispy golden-brown bottom crust and the melted cheese is browned, remove from the pizza oven with the pizza peel.
Place the delicious pizza on a cutting board to cut into pieces. Serve a slice of the freshly baked classic cheese pizza hot.
Join My Blackstone Griddle Lovers Facebook Group!
Homemade Cheese Pizza in the Oven
If you don’t have an outdoor pizza oven, then make this pizza recipe in your kitchen oven. Preheat the oven to 425°F. For best results, use a hot pizza stone.
If desired, you can also prepare the pizza on a pizza pan or baking sheet pan. Once hot, place on oven rack or hot stone.
Bake cheese pizza until crispy and golden-brown. Baking times will vary. Eat warm.
How to Store leftover Pizza
Store leftover cold pizza slices in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat cold pizza in the Blackstone pizza oven, stove oven, microwave, or air fryer.
Leftover pizza is great served cold!!
The Best Blackstone Pizza Oven Recipes
Cheese Pizza – FAQ
Mozzarella is one of the best pizza cheeses in the world for pizza. Obviously, you can alter it if needed.
Cheese Pizza Recipe
For the full recipe and nutrition information, click below for the recipe card.
- Pizza Dough 8 ounces
- Pizza Sauce 1/4 cup
- Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded 1 cup
- Corn Meal 2 tablespoon
How to Make Cheese Pizza in a Blackstone Pizza Oven
- Gather all the ingredients to make this classic pizza.
- Preheat the Blackstone 22" Pizza Oven to medium high heat. TIP: heating the pizza oven will take 10 to 15 minutes. It is best to cook the homemade pizza directly on the preheated pizza stone for a crispy crust.
- Roll out the pizza dough using cornmeal and/or flour on the work surface. Make sure to flour your fingers and rolling pin well to prevent sticking to the pizza dough.
- To move the finished pizza easily, make the cheese pizza on top of the pizza peel. Use a generous amount of cornmeal under the rolled out pizza dough crust to prevent sticking and to help getting it in and out of the oven.
- To get the pizza dough crust to the desired size, use the tips of your finger to press the pizza dough from the center outward. Use a floured rolling pin for a thinner pizza dough crust.
- Spread an even layer of sauce on top of the prepared dough crust.
- Sprinkle an even layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce.
How to Bake the Blackstone Pizza Oven Cheese Pizza
- Once the pizza oven temperature gauge is between 500°F and 600°F, cook the classic cheese pizza.
- Make sure to use the pizza peel to slide the freshly made pizza to the back side of the oven. Every few minutes, check the pizza recipe. Use the pizza peel to turn the cheese pizza (about halfway through baking) on the pizza stone to cook evenly. Cooking time will vary for every pizza oven so make sure to check the pizza often. Tip: A smaller pizza recipe will bake in 4 to 6 minutes. A larger size pizzas will bake in under 10 minutes.
- When the freshly baked cheese pizza has a crispy golden-brown bottom crust and the cheese is brown and melted, carefully remove from the pizza oven with the pizza peel.
- Place the pizza on a cutting board to cut into pieces using a pizza rocker or pizza cutter. Serve the freshly baked classic cheese pizza warm.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Amount Per Serving Calories 499Total Fat 19gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 44mgSodium 870mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 21g
Note: For exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information is simply a guideline.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5-star rating take just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Stay in touch with me through social media!
Tried this recipe? Snap a picture and tag #frommichigan2019 on Instagram @frommichigan2019.
Join my Blackstone Griddle Facebook Pages:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel – Sherry Ronning – to get notification of my latest videos.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may enjoy the following: 140+ Blackstone Griddle Recipes