Pepperoni Pizza on the newest Blackstone Pizza Oven will not disappoint!! With a puffy crispy homemade crust, awesome homemade pizza sauce, and perfectly browned melted cheese as well as sliced pepperonis make the best pizza!!
Cook a homemade pepperoni pizza in as little as 5 minutes!! Great for a pizza party and letting your guest cook a pizza all by themselves.
With the patented two stone technology, pizzas cook very quickly from the top and the bottom. Cooking pizzas in the Blackstone pizza oven is simple enough with a few easy tips.
This pizza oven also works to reheat a leftover pizza very quickly and it will taste as good as when it was originally made. Start a new tradition in your home and pick a night of the week to have a pizza night every week!!!
The pizza rests upon the hot, preheated stone and the hot stone cooks the bottom to a crispy crust. With the second top stone, the heat bounces off it to cook the top layer creating a golden-brown melty cheese layer.
As an Amazon Associate, a Walmart Affiliate, and a member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Blackstone Pizza Oven Attachment
Using the newest Blackstone pizza oven attachment is my favorite way to make homemade pizzas. This outdoor pizza oven is a great addition to the Blackstone Products line.
Due to the two pizza stones, the crust is crispy on the bottom, and soft on the top. Make a homemade pepperoni pizza in under 10 minutes!!
Blackstone Pizza Accessories
When I first started cooking on my Blackstone Pizza Oven, I was not sure what equipment would be needed to make the perfect pizza. Items that you would not think about like oven gloves, a wire rack, and a cutting board.
Now that we have been turning out the best pizzas ever, I have a pizza oven accessories list to share with you. Check out my Pizza Oven Accessories to learn more.
Chef Sherry’s Cookbook
Homemade Pizza Crust Recipe
I have the perfect homemade Blackstone pizza crust recipe for you!!! Get my recipe for Blackstone pizza dough.
If made correctly, this recipe is light and airy when pressed and stretched out with your fingers. For a denser crust, use a rolling pin to create the bottom layer.
If you don’t want to make your own pizza dough, then you can use a pre-baked pizza crust. Another great option is packaged pizza dough kits or refrigerated pizza crust dough tubes.
Homemade pizza sauce is very easy to make with a few pantry staples. Get my how to and complete recipe here at Best Homemade Pizza Sauce.
No cooking of the homemade sauce needed. There are also great pre-made sauce options at your local grocery store. Classico and Contadina pizza sauces are a couple of my favorites.
Join My Blackstone Griddle Lovers Facebook Group!
My First Pepperoni Pizza on the Blackstone Pizza Oven
The Blackstone Pepperoni Pizza was the first pizza that I made on my Blackstone Pizza Oven. And it turned out perfect!!
What I learned when making homemade pizzas is that a good pizza peel is a must. Trying to get the pizzas in and out and rotating them will be a challenge if you don’t have one.
Flour verses corn meal. I have never been a corn meal fan, but I highly recommend using it when making homemade pizza crusts.
Flour works great when pressing out the dough but when cooking on the hot pizza stone it tends to burn. Creating an unpleasant tasting pizza crust.
If you want to use flour to prevent your fingers from sticking to the dough, then use some. But under the dough, when forming the crust, use corn meal.
Rotate the homemade pizza every couple minutes to prevent burning. The back side of the pizza oven gets hotter than the front.
When cooking homemade pizzas, keep the oven temperature (use the front oven gauge) between 500°F to 600°F. If using an inferred thermometer, the bottom stone temperature is going to be hotter than that.
Ingredients Blackstone Pepperoni Pizza
- Blackstone Pizza Dough – Crust of choice.
- Pizza Sauce
- Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded
- Pepperoni Slices
- Corn Meal
How to Make Pepperoni Pizza in a Blackstone Pizza Oven
Gather all the ingredients to make the pizza – pepperoni. Preheat the Blackstone pizza oven on medium-to-medium high heat.
This will take about 10 to 15 minutes. It is best to cook the pizza directly on the hot pizza stone. Using the desired amount of pizza dough, press out the crust.
Make sure to flour your hands or rolling pin well to prevent sticking to the dough. For easy transfer, make the pizza on top of the pizza peel.
Use corn meal under the pizza dough to prevent sticking and to help getting it in and out of the oven. To get the pizza crust to the desired size, use the tips of your finger to press the dough from the center outward.
For an airier crust, use your fingertips. Use a rolling pin for a denser thinner crust. Spread a layer of pizza sauce on top of the pizza crust.
Sprinkle a thin layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the sauce. Add a layer of the pepperoni slices.
Top with more shredded mozzarella cheese.
How to Cook the Blackstone Pizza Oven Pepperoni Pizza
Once the outdoor pizza oven temperature gauge is at least 550°F or higher, cook the pizza.
Use the pizza peel to slide the freshly made pepperoni pizza to the back of the pizza oven.
If desired, place the oven door back on. Every 2 minutes, check the pizza.
Use the pizza peel to rotate the pizza on the pizza stone to cook evenly. Cooking time will vary for every pizza oven.
Smaller pizzas will cook in 4 to 6 minutes. A large pizza will cook in under 10 minutes.
When the pizza has a crispy golden-brown bottom crust and the cheese is browned and melty, remove from the pizza oven. Double check to make sure the center of the pizza is fully cooked.
Place the pizza on a cutting board to cut into pieces. Serve the pepperoni pizza hot.
How to Store Pepperoni Pizza
Store leftover cold peperoni pizza in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days. Reheat in the pizza oven, stove oven, microwave, or air fryer. Leftover pepperoni pizza is great served cold!!
Other Blackstone Pizza Oven Recipes
- Blackstone Pizza Dough Recipe
- Easy Pizza Sauce
- Breakfast Pizza
- Chicken Alfredo Pizza
- Learn about the Blackstone Pizza Oven Attachment
- Unboxing and Setting Up the Blackstone Pizza Oven
- Accessories for the Blackstone Pizza Oven
Blackstone Pizza Oven Pepperoni Pizza – FAQ
Yes, it is possible to make pizza on a Blackstone Griddle. Cooking pizza can be done easily with a few simple directions. Get my full instructions at Blackstone Griddle Pizza. Cooking a pizza on the Blackstone Griddle is different than cooking a pizza in the Blackstone Pizza Oven.
Installing the Blackstone pizza oven attachment can be done only on certain 22-inch Blackstone Griddles. Assembling the pizza oven is relatively easy.
Pepperoni Pizza Recipe
For the full recipe and nutrition information, click below for the recipe card.
- Pizza Dough 8 ounces
- Pizza Sauce 1/4 cup
- Mozzarella Cheese, Shredded 1 cup
- Pepperoni Slices 1/4 cup
- Corn Meal 2 tablespoon
- Gather all the ingredients to make the Blackstone pizza - pepperoni.
- Preheat the Blackstone pizza oven grill on medium-to-medium high heat. This will take 10 to 15 minutes. It is best to cook the pepperoni pizza directly on the hot pizza stone.
- Press out the pizza dough crust. Make sure to flour your hands and finger, or rolling pin to prevent sticking to the dough. For easy transfer, make the homemade pizza on top of the pizza peel. Use a sprinkle of corn meal under the pizza dough to prevent sticking and to help getting it in and out of the oven. To get the pizza crust to the desired size, use the tips of your finger to press the dough from the center outward. For a fluffier crust, use your fingertips. Use a rolling pin for a thinner crust.
- Spread a thin layer of pizza sauce on top of the pizza crust.
- Sprinkle a thin layer of shredded mozzarella cheese on top of the pizza sauce. Add a layer of the pepperoni pieces. Top with another layer of shredded mozzarella cheese.
How to Cook the Blackstone Pizza Oven Pepperoni Pizza
- Once the pizza oven temperature gauge is between 500°F and 600°F, cook the pizza. Use the handled pizza peel to slide the freshly made pepperoni pizza to the back of the pizza oven. Every 2 minutes, peek at the pizza. Use the pizza peel to rotate the pepperoni pizza on the pizza stone to cook evenly. Cooking times will vary for every pizza oven. Smaller sized pizzas will cook in 4 to 6 minutes. A larger pizza will cook in under 10 minutes. When the Blackstone pizza has a crispy golden-brown bottom crust and the cheese is browned and melty, remove from the pizza oven. Make sure the center of the pizza is fully cooked. Place the homemade pizza on a cutting board to cut into pieces.
- Serve the pepperoni pizza hot.
Amount Per Serving Calories 586Total Fat 26gSaturated Fat 11gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 13gCholesterol 61mgSodium 1143mgCarbohydrates 61gFiber 3gSugar 4gProtein 24g
Note: For exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information is simply a guideline.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5-star rating take just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Stay in touch with me through social media!
Tried this recipe? Snap a picture and tag #frommichigan2019 on Instagram @frommichigan2019.
Join my Blackstone Griddle Facebook Pages:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel – Sherry Ronning – to get notification of my latest videos.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may enjoy the following: 140+ Blackstone Griddle Recipes