Griddle Garlic Butter Steaks have the best flavor and are super easy to make with a few tips from me, Chef Sherry! When my family and friends come for a visit, I like making this awesome butter steak because there’s nothing better than perfectly cooked, super tender and an incredibly juicy steak.
Some people are intimidated by cooking a Blackstone Griddle steak because they think it won’t turn out right. I’ve got some tips for you that will take away your fears!
These steaks with herb garlic butter are amazingly juicy, tender and taste great. If you don’t have a flat top griddle, then it is easy to cook this steak on your kitchen stove and it is a great option for a simple weeknight meal.
It’s all about the juicy steak cooked to perfection with garlic-flavored butter. Garlic butter steak can be made quickly by simply adding just some ingredients for this recipe.
What can I prepare tonight? These steak recipes are the perfect base for busy weeknights. It’s naturally low carb can be easily combined with any favorite side recipe and the simple flavor is easy.
The sear on a Blackstone flat top griddle is wonderful! Have I ever eaten steaks that are incredibly delicious and seasoned? It seems like nothing compares to steak.
⬇️ GET MY BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE COOKBOOK, TODAY!! ⬇️
⬆️ ⬆️ GET YOUR COPY TODAY!! ⬆️ ⬆️
This garlic butter grilled steak is essentially this kind of steak and can be cooked without leaving your home. A favorite restaurant in our area offers some very good steaks.
It has melting garlic butter which drips down the side of the steak. But my home-cooked garlic butter steaks are unbeatable.
As an Amazon Associate, a Walmart Affiliate, and a member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Garlic Butter Steak Ingredients
If you have enjoyed garlic butter steak at a steakhouse, you can easily believe that cooking it’s complicated. This makes a delicious steak into a restaurant-quality meal without any effort.
Butter is incredibly good with steaks. It is easy to cook griddle grilled steaks with a few ingredients. The perfect cut of steak, your favorite seasonings, Herb Garlic Butter, a splash of oil are all that you need to make your butter steak.
How to Make Garlic Butter for Steak
Garlic Herb Butter or Compound Butter can be used for steak, griddle grilled meat, and many other grilled items. Adding garlic to butter elevates this dish to a whole new level.
This garlic butter recipe can be made in just minutes. You want to make this garlic compound butter for steak ahead of time if possible so that it sets up and is easy to use.
Fresh herbs are best when making your butter. Six simple ingredients are all that you need to make the best herb garlic butter that you have ever had.
Use freshly minced garlic and chopped basil, softened salted butter, olive oil, freshly ground salt, and pepper to make your steak butter. For my full recipe go to Herb Garlic Butter.
You could use fresh or dried herbs or mixtures. If you don’t want to use basil, then you can use fresh parsley. Griddle steaks can be prepared easily with steak butters.
Keep in fridge to use when needed. Freeze the recipe by placing it in the air-tight container but make sure to label with the freezing date.
Use right out of the fridge or freezer. The butter on a griddle grilled steak makes it a good low carb food and is also gluten-free.
Best Types of Butter Steak?
- Top Sirloin Petite Steak is a great low budget piece of meat and awesome for using the garlic butter to help add an extra layer of flavor.
- Top Sirloin Filet is my husband’s choice of steak because it’s not as expensive as a filet but cooks up wonderful and has awesome flavor and won’t break your bank.
- Ribeye steak is one of the most delicious steaks because it is rich in marbling. It is my favorite even though it has much fatter than a filet and it might require some trimming before cooking.
- T-bone steaks and Porterhouse steaks are one of the top favorites but, these two are very similar in the cut of meat. It is a tenderloin steak and strips of steak with a bone. The flavors are great and is the world’s best.
How to Make Garlic Butter Steaks on a Blackstone?
Make the garlic butter up ahead of time so that it is ready to go when needed. If possible, remove the steak from the refrigerator about 2 hours before you plan on cooking it and just leave on the countertop to come to room temperature.
Preheat the Blackstone gas griddle to medium heat or if using the E-Series Blackstone Griddle set the dial to 350°F. Season the steak with your favorite steak seasoning.
Once the Blackstone griddle is hot, lightly oil the flat top with some olive oil. Place the steak on the hot griddle and let cook 4 to 5 minutes without moving to let the steak get a good deep golden-brown color on it. Use a griddle spatula and flip the steak over.
How to Cook Steak with Butter
This is the time that you want to add the dollop of herb garlic butter to the top center of the cooking steak. Let the butter melt into the steak as it cooks.
If desired, you can add more than one dollop of compound butter. The butter will melt and create a garlic butter sauce that the steak will cook in.
Cook the steak to your desired doneness. Use a digital thermometer to check the temperature or do the touch test.
Cooking times will vary depending on the griddle temperature, the thickness and size of the steak, the temperature of the steak, and the surrounding air temperature.
Degrees of Steak Doneness
What is the temperature of a steak? Here is a steak temperature chart for your reference. If needed you can use a digital thermometer to get the right steak temperature.
Butter Steak on the Stove
If you don’t have a flat top griddle, then you can make your steak with garlic butter on the stove top. Use a cast iron pan if you have one.
Over medium to medium high heat, heat the cast iron skillet before placing the seasoned steak onto it. Cook the steak until the first side is crispy golden brown, flip, and place the pat of butter on the top of the meat.
Continue cooking the steak with garlic butter until it’s reached the desired doneness. Let rest for 5 minutes and then serve immediately.
What to Serve with a Butter Steak?
A butter steak goes well with many side dishes. Here is a list of some of my favorite sides.
How to Store Butter Steaks
Let your leftover beef cool. Now grab some aluminum foil to wrap it up or store in an airtight container. The butter steak will stay in the refrigerator for 3-5 days.
Warm this either on the stove, griddle, or in the microwave. Place the griddle grilled meat onto the foil and put in a low oven.
Once warm, place the sliced steak on a plate and serve with a side dish. Or you can slice the cold steak and eat on a salad or make into a sandwich.
More Steak Recipes
My family and I love steak and will make it several different ways. Check out some of the other steak recipes that I like to eat.
I will make a steak and egg, Philly cheesesteak, Swiss steak, slow cooked corned beef brisket, and Air Fryer T-bone Steak.
Garlic Butter Steaks – FAQ
You want to place the herb garlic butter onto the steak after you flip it the first time. That way the butter will seep into the steak as it cooks.
Season the steak before you place it onto the griddle grill. If desired, you can salt and pepper the meat several minutes before you cook it. You do not want to season the steak after it is fully cooked because it will not have the same great flavor.
Garlic Butter Steak Recipe
For the recipe and nutrition facts, click below.
Butter Steak Recipe
Griddle Garlic Butter Steaks have the best flavor and are super easy to make with a few tips from me, Chef Sherry! When my family and friends come for a visit, I like making this awesome butter steak because there's nothing better than perfectly cooked, super tender and an incredibly juicy steak.
- Steak 8 ounces
- Olive Oil 1 teaspoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper 1/8 teaspoon
- Herb Garlic Butter. 2 teaspoons
- Make the herb garlic butter up ahead of time so that it is ready to go when needed.
- Remove the steak from the refrigerator 2 hours before you plan on cooking it and just leave on the countertop to come to room temperature.
- Preheat the Blackstone griddle to medium heat or if using the Blackstone E-Series Griddle set the dial to 350°F.
- Next, season the steak with your favorite steak seasoning.
- Once the Blackstone griddle has come to temp, lightly oil the flat top griddle with some olive oil.
- Place the steak on the preheated griddle and let cook 4 to 5 minutes without moving to let the meat get a good deep golden-brown color on it.
- Use a griddle spatula and flip the seared steak over.
- Add the dollop of herb garlic butter to the top center of the cooking steak. Let the garlic butter melt into the steak as it cooks. If desired, you can add more than one pat of the garlic compound butter. The basil garlic butter will melt and create a butter sauce that the steak will cook in.
- Cook the griddle steak to your desired doneness. Use a digital meat thermometer to check the temperature or do the touch test. Cooking times will vary depending on the griddle temperature, the thickness and size of the steak, the temperature of the steak, and the surrounding air temperature.
- Let the butter steak rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Best Types of Griddle Steaks?
- Top Sirloin Petite Steak is a great budget piece of meat and awesome for using the herb garlic butter to help add an extra layer of flavor.
- Top Sirloin Filet is my husband’s choice of griddle steak because it’s not as pricey as a filet but cooks up wonderful and has awesome flavor and won’t break your bank.
- Ribeye steak is one of the most delicious steaks because it is rich in marbling layers. It is my favorite even though it has much fatter than a filet.
- T-bone steak and Porterhouse steak are one of the top steak favorites but, these two are very similar in the cut of meat. It is a tenderloin steak and a New York strip steak with a bone. The flavors are awesome and is the world's best.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Amount Per Serving Calories 771Total Fat 57gSaturated Fat 24gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 26gCholesterol 248mgSodium 781mgCarbohydrates 1gFiber 0gSugar 0gProtein 60g
Note: For exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information is simply a guideline.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5-star rating take just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Stay in touch with me through social media!
Tried this recipe? Snap a picture and tag #frommichigan2019 on Instagram @frommichigan2019.
Like my page on Facebook.
Follow me on Pinterest
Join my Blackstone Griddle Facebook Pages: Blackstone Griddle Lovers & Outdoor Cooking – Recipes & Food Talk for Smokers, Blackstone, Grill & More
If you enjoy this recipe, you may enjoy the following: 50+ Blackstone Griddle Recipes
These turned out beautiful! I served it with crusty bread and salad.
I added the butter after I flipped my steaks as you suggested and they tasted insanely good – I’m going to be making this a lot!
These turned out so well and I’ll be making them again for sure.
Your easy to follow instructions and tips makes cooking steak a piece of cake! I followed your instructions to the T, and the butter steaks turned out amazing. Thank you!
These turned out delicious. The herb garlic butter makes it even better.
In love with this garlic steak recipe! I will be keeping this in y back pocket!