Crispy golden brown Chicken Kabobs on the Blackstone Griddle has incredible flavor and is super easy to make. Only a few ingredients are needed and can be completely customizable to please your whole family.
Grilled chicken kabobs with vegetables have tender, pull apart bit-sized pieces that are irresistibly amazing. The Blackstone Griddle makes creating kabobs an easy task because you can cook a large batch at once.
Chicken skewers make a great weeknight meal. It can also be served with your favorite sides or eaten as a complete meal.
Are you looking for other Blackstone Griddle Chicken Recipes? Then you have come to the right place!
As an Amazon Associate, a Walmart Affiliate, and a member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Can You Cook Kabobs on a Griddle?
Cooking kabobs on a griddle is super easy if you follow a few simple tips. Low griddle heat and a dome lid are the two most important steps.
How to Make Chicken Kabobs on a Blackstone Griddle
Gather your ingredients to make the griddle kabobs. Start by cutting the chicken breasts into one-inch cubes trying to keep them as uniform as possible.
Ranch Marinade for Chicken Kabobs
In a medium sized bowl, add the chicken pieces and sprinkle the ranch seasoning packet overtop all the chunks. Pour the extra virgin olive oil over the chicken and ranch mixture.
With a spoon, stir to combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least one hour up to eight hours.
How to Assemble Chicken Kabobs
Cut your desired vegetables (see suggested kabob vegetables options below) in 1 to 1 ½ inch pieces. To make the griddle kabobs, remove the marinated chicken pieces from the refrigerator.
Line your supplies up in a row starting with your skewer sticks, then yours desired vegetable pieces and finally your marinated chicken breast pieces. Make sure to soak wooden skewers, (if using wooden ones) before using to prevent burning.
My family likes to use metal skewers because we can never remember to soak skewers. Take a skewer and start with a piece of firm vegetable such as an onion or pepper.
Poke the skewer in the center of the vegetable piece, being careful to not poke your hand, and slide it all the way to the other end. Next, add a piece of the marinated chicken piece through the center and slide it to touch the vegetable piece.
Depending on what other vegetables that you have, add one of each to the stick. Repeat this process several more times until your chicken skewer is full.
Make sure that your skewers are well balanced and add more chicken between the vegetable pieces if needed. I was able to get two kabobs per chicken breast.
If I have an excess of vegetables after making the chicken kabobs, I will make a vegetable skewer to eat later. Discard any remaining marinade.
Cooking Kabobs on Blackstone Griddle
Preheat your Blackstone Griddle Flat Top on the low setting. You want to cook the kabobs low and slow so that you do not dry out the chicken before the vegetables are done.
Coat griddle surface with a thin layer of oil onto the griddle grill. Carefully, set the kabobs onto the hot flat top.
Cover again with the dome lid. Continue cooking until the second side is golden brown. Flip again to a non-cooked side and cover again until all four sides are golden brown in color and the chicken is completely cooked.
Remember that low and slow is how you want to cook your griddle kabobs. Refrain from frequently flipping the chicken skewers because you will not get a good golden-brown color.
How Long to Cook Chicken and Vegetable Kabobs?
Cooking times will vary depending on your individual griddle and the temperature around it. Griddle kabobs cooked on the low setting will take about 20-25 minutes.
Middle or internal temperature of the chicken should be 165°F. I suggest in instant read thermometer to check the chicken temperature.
Make sure to test one of the middle pieces of chicken on the skewer for doneness by seeing if it falls off the stick easily and is no longer pink inside. The vegetable and chicken skewers should be a golden-brown color, not burnt black.
This cooking process takes patience so make sure to give yourself plenty of time.
Kabob Vegetable Options
- Brussel Sprouts
- Cherry Tomatoes
- Zucchini Pieces
- Sweet Onion or Red Onions
- Pre-cooked Baby Potatoes
- Pineapple (I know it’s not a vegetable, but it’s too good not to mention.)
What to Serve with Griddle Kabobs?
Looking For Other Kabob Recipes?
Blackstone Chicken Kabobs – FAQ
Your griddle is too hot. Make sure that the burners are set on a low setting. If using wind guards, take them off. Apply enough oil to the flat top which helps cook the kabobs.
Yes, you can use a different marinate than the suggested powdered ranch mixture. I do not suggest leaving the chicken plain because the marinate adds to the flavor of the kabobs. My family also loves to do an Italian dressing marinate for the chicken pieces. Just cut the pieces as normal and then add about ½ cup Kraft Zesty Italian dressing. Stir to combine and marinate for 1 to 8 hours in the refrigerator.
Chef Sherry’s Online Cooking Classes
Chicken Kabobs on Blackstone Griddle Recipe
Get the full recipe and nutritional information below.
- Chicken Breast, Boneless & Skinless 2 each
- Olive Oil 1/4 cup
- Ranch Seasoning Packet 1 ounce
- Mushrooms, White, Sliced 8 ounces
- Onion, White, Small Pieces 1 Each
- Pepper, Bell, Small Pieces 1 Each
- Gather your ingredients to make the chicken vegetable kabobs.
- Cut the boneless, skinless chicken breast into one-inch cubes trying to keep them the same size.
- Ranch Chicken Marinade
In a medium bowl, add the chicken pieces and sprinkle the ranch powdered seasoning packet on top of the chicken.
- Pour the olive oil over the chicken/ranch mixture and stir to combine all the ingredients.
- Cover the container and refrigerate for 1 - 8 hours. When ready to make the kabobs, remove from the fridge.
- Gather all your skewer ingredients and line them up on the countertop.
- Take a skewer and start with a piece of onion. Poke the skewer in the center of the onion piece, being careful to not poke your hand, and slide the vegetable piece all the way to the other end.
- Next, add a piece of the marinated chicken breast through the center and slide it to touch the vegetable piece. Add a piece of the other remaining vegetables.
- Repeat this assembly process several more times until your skewer is full. I was able to get two chicken vegetable kabobs per chicken breast.
- How to Grill Chicken Kabobs
Preheat your Blackstone Griddle on the low setting. Add a layer of oil to the flat top griddle.
- Place the skewers on the flat top and cook the chicken kabobs, low and slow so that you do not burn. Cover with a dome lid.
- Let the chicken skewers cook until the first side is golden brown. With a pair of tongs,carefully flip the kabob to the opposite side. Replace the cover over the skewers. Continue cooking until that side is golden brown. Flip again to a non-grilled side and continue cooking until all four sides are golden brown in color and the chicken is completely cooked and reached a temperature of 165°F..
- How Long to Grill Chicken Kabobs
Griddle chicken kabobs cooked on the low setting will take about 20-25 minutes but cooking times will vary. Make sure to test one of the middle pieces of chicken breast on the skewer for doneness. The skewer should be a golden-brown color, not burnt black.
- Substitute vegetables of your choosing.
- Serve with fried rice, griddle vegetables, or potatoes of your choice.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Hidden Valley Original Ranch Salad Dressing & Seasoning Mix, Gluten Free, Keto-Friendly -1 Ounce (Pack Of 4)
Blue Donuts 24 Pack Kabob Skewers for Grilling 12 Inch - BBQ Grill Grilling Accessories, Stainless Steel
Rachael Ray Lil' Huggers Dishwasher Safe Lazy Locking Cooking Tongs / Salad Serving Tools / Multi Purpose - 2 Piece, Red
Blackstone 1554 Cooking 4 Burner Flat Top Gas Grill
Amount Per Serving Calories 133Total Fat 8gSaturated Fat 1gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 6gCholesterol 26mgSodium 297mgCarbohydrates 5gFiber 1gSugar 2gProtein 11g
Note: For exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information is simply a guideline.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5-star rating take just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Stay in touch with me through social media!
Tried this recipe? Snap a picture and tag #frommichigan2019 on Instagram@frommichigan2019.
Like my page on Facebook.
Follow me on Pinterest
Join my Blackstone Griddle Facebook Pages: Blackstone Griddle Lovers &Outdoor Cooking – Recipes & Food Talk for Smokers, Blackstone, Grill & More
If you enjoy this recipe, you may enjoy the following: Blackstone Griddle Recipes