These White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles are full of delicious flavor and will take your cookies to another culinary level. Today, I am sharing my favorite classic cookie recipe… Snickerdoodles!
Who loves cookies with cinnamon-sugar? I do!! This snickerdoodle recipe is enhanced by dipping the freshly baked cookies into melted white chocolate.
My daughter loves snickerdoodles and white chocolate, so this is the perfect match for her. White chocolate adds a touch of flavor to these simple chewy snickerdoodles cookie.
Learning how to make snickerdoodles is something every baker should make. Then taking it to the next level by taking your cookie and making a white chocolate snickerdoodles cookie!
As an Amazon Associate, a Walmart Affiliate, and a member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles Ingredients
Butter – Room Temperature
Cream of Tartar
White Chocolate Wafers or White Chocolate Chips
Cookie Making Tips
Portion Scoopers – A small #40 scooper will result in about 4 dozen, 3 ½ inch fully baked cookies. A larger #20 portion cookie scooper will produce about 2 dozen, 4 ½ inch fully baked cookies.
The Sweet Smell Baking Cookies – When you start to smell the baking cookies, the snickerdoodles are close to being done.
How to Prepare Snickerdoodle Cookies?
Gather the ingredients to make the snickerdoodles. Turn oven temperature to 350°F.
Use a KitchenAid Stand Mixer to whip up the snickerdoodle cookie dough. In the mixer bowl fitted with a flat paddle, add the softened butter and granulated sugar.
Beat the butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Use a silicone spatula to scrape the sides of the mixing bowl and beater.
One egg at a time, add to the butter mixture along with the vanilla. Mix until each egg is completely combined before adding the next egg.
Using the silicone spatula to scrape the mixing bowl again. Combine the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt in a separate bowl.
In three parts, add the flour mixture to the mixing bowl and beat each time until just combine. After all the flour ingredients have been added to the cookie mixture, scrape the bowl again. Mix for another 30 seconds.
Cinnamon Sugar Dipping Mixture
In a medium bowl, combine the ground cinnamon and granulated sugar. Make sure to have room for rolling the snickerdoodle dough balls.
A little cinnamon sugar topping will go a long ways.
How to Portion Snickerdoodles
Once the snickerdoodle cookie dough is all combined, it’s time to correctly portion out each cookie. I like to use a portion cookie scooper to make the cookies the exact same size.
If desired, shape dough by hand and roll into 1-inch balls. No chilling of the cookies is needed.
Use a sheet of parchment paper or silicone baking mat to line each of your baking sheet pans. Portion out all the cookie dough.
Roll the Dough Balls in Cinnamon Sugar
Roll the dough balls in the cinnamon sugar. Place on the lined baking sheet pan so that there is a couple of inches around each ball for when they spread out during baking.
On a regular cookie sheet pan, you are able to do 4 by 3 dough balls (12 cookies) of the # 40 scooper. Smoosh each cookie dough ball with the heal of your hand.
Bake the Snickerdoodle Recipe
Place pans in the preheated oven and bake cookies for 8 minutes. Check the cinnamon sugar cookies and rotate the baking sheet if needed.
Bake until the desired cookie doneness is achieved. Remove from the oven and let the cookies cool for a couple minutes before removing them to a parchment lined paper on the countertop.
How to Dip Cookies in Chocolate
After the baked cookies have cooled, it’s time to dip them in melted white chocolate. In a glass bowl or jar that is wider than the biggest baked cookie, melt white chocolate.
Wafer white chocolate is best but fresh white chocolate chips can also be used. Place white chocolate into the glass jar and melt in the microwave using 30 second intervals.
You can also use a double boiler to melt the white chocolate. Stir white chocolate in between intervals.
Once the chocolate is completely melted, dip each delicious cookie about halfway in the white chocolate. Be careful not to break the cookie.
Place the dipped snickerdoodles on to a sheet of wax paper. If desired, sprinkle with your favorite toppings. Let the cookies dry and harden to create perfect cookies.
Storing Snickerdoodle Cookies
The white chocolate dipped snickerdoodles can be stored in an airtight container or Ziplock bag for up to 7 days. The chocolate will keep the cookies moist.
How to Freeze White Chocolate Snickerdoodles
You can freeze white chocolate dipped snickerdoodle cookies if you want them to serve later. Just place baked and white chocolate dipped cookies in plastic bags or trays lined with waxed parchment paper.
This white chocolate dipped snickerdoodle recipe can be frozen for up to 3 months. I like to make a large batch of snickerdoodle cookies recipe so that I have some to freeze for when unexpected company drops by.
Having extra cookies in the freezer for when that late-night munchies attack happens will save you time and frustration.
Just pull a couple white chocolate snickerdoodle cookies out of the freezer and most of the time they are eaten frozen. But you can just leave at room temperature for a couple minutes and let them thaw before eating.
Freeze the Snickerdoodles Cookie Dough for Later Use
A great baking tip is to make the snickerdoodles cookie dough, portion it out, freeze the dough balls until frozen solid, and store in a Ziplock bag or airtight container for later baking. It’ll help you prepare for the holiday baking and reduce your stress of getting all those cookies done!
Mix up a batch of snickerdoodles cookie dough and portion it out with a cookie scooper. Line the cookie dough balls up on a lined baking sheet pan, cover with plastic wrap.
Then store the unbaked cookie dough balls in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to bake, toss the snickerdoodle cookie dough ball in the cinnamon sugar mixture, place on a parchment lined baking sheet pan, let them thaw enough to flatten.
Bake as normal until snickerdoodle cookies are a light golden-brown color.
More Homemade Cookie Recipes
If you want more homemade cookie recipes, then you can find more amazing recipes here! If you are having a party and not sure what to serve for a dessert.
Then make a cookie bar with an assortment of different cookies. This is a great grab and go dessert option!
- Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
- Black Cocoa No-Bake Cookies
- Cranberry Cookies
- Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Oreo Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Cranberry Pinwheel Cookies
- Spritz Cookie Recipe
- Chewy Peanut Butter Cookies
- Pumpkin Snickerdoodle Cookies
- Snickerdoodles Cookie Recipe
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Cookies
- Easy Cut-Out Sugar Cookies
- Crushed Candy Cane Cookies
- Filled Date Cookies
⬇️ GET MY BLACKSTONE GRIDDLE COOKBOOK, TODAY!! ⬇️
⬆️ ⬆️ GET YOUR COPY TODAY!! ⬆️ ⬆️
Join My Blackstone Griddle Lovers Facebook Group!
Other Snickerdoodle Recipes
After doing some research, I was surprised at all the different snickerdoodle recipes! Have you tried the Snickerdoodle Oreos?!?!
What is an Oreo Snickerdoodle cookie? It’s a limited-edition sandwich cookie that is served during the holiday season.
This Oreo Snickerdoodle sandwich cookie is a great combo of cinnamon creme with red and green sugar crystals between two snickerdoodle wafer cookies.
Another store-bought snickerdoodle recipe is Snickerdoodle Pop Tarts.
White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles – FAQ
Over mixing the cookie dough will result in flat and crispy snickerdoodle cookies. Mix the ingredients until just combined, then move onto the next step.
White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles Recipe
For the full recipe and nutrition facts, click below.
White Chocolate Dipped Snickerdoodles Recipe
These White Chocolate DippedSnickerdoodles are full of delicious flavor and will take your cookies to another culinary level. Today, I am sharing my favorite classic cookie recipe... Snickerdoodles! Who loves cookies with cinnamon-sugar? I do!! This snickerdoodle recipe is enhanced by dipping the freshly baked cookies into melted white chocolate.
- Butter, Softened 1 cup
- Sugar, Granulated 1 1/2 cups
- Egg, Large 2 each
- Vanilla Extract. 1 teaspoon
- Flour, All Purpose. 2 3/4 cup
- Cream of Tartar 2 teaspoon
- Baking Soda 1 teaspoon
- Salt, Table 1/2 teaspoon
- Sugar, Granulated. 3 tablespoons
- Cinnamon, Ground 1 tablespoon
- White Chocolate 2 cups
How to Make Snickerdoodle Cookies Dipped in Chocolate
- Gather all the ingredients to make the white chocolate snickerdoodle cookies.
- Set the kitchen oven to 350°F.
- Use a KitchenAid mixer (or hand mixer) to mix up the snickerdoodle cookie dough recipe. In the mixing bowl fitted with a flat paddle, add the softened butter and granulated sugar. Mix until the butter and sugar is fluffy and pale. Use a silicon spatula to scrape the mixing bowl and beater.
- Crack the eggs into a separate small container and add the vanilla.
- In another medium sized bowl, whisk the all purpose flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt together. Set the dry ingredients aside for later.
- Add the eggs, one at a time to the butter mixture and beat until just combined. Scrape the side of the mixing bowl and beater with the silicone spatula.
- In three parts, add the flour mixture to the cookie dough recipe and beat until just combined. After all the flour mixture has been added, scrape the sides of the bowl down. Then, mix an additional 30 seconds.
Sugar Cinnamon Rolling Mixture
- Miix together the cinnamon and granulated sugar in a separate bowl. Allow room for rolling the snickerdoodle dough balls. FYI: A little bit of the sugar cinnamon topping will go a long ways.
Cookie Dough for Snickerdoodles
- When the cookie dough is all mixed up, portion out each cookie dough ball. Use a portion cookie scooper to make the cookie dough the exact same size. A small #40 scooper will result in about 4 dozen, 3 ½ inch fully baked cookies. A larger #20 portion cookie scooper will produce about 2 dozen, 4 ½ inch fully baked cookies. You can hand shape dough by rolling into 1-inch balls.
- No need to chill the cookie dough.
- Use a silicone baking mat or piece of parchment paper to line each of your baking pans. Using the cookie dough scooper, fill it completely with the snickerdoodle cookie dough. Scrape it along side of the mixing bowl to create a flat scoop of dough. Repeat this process until all the cookie dough is portioned out.
Roll Cookie Dough in the Cinnamon Sugar Mixture
- After creating the cookie dough balls, roll in the cinnamon sugar mixture.
- Place the cinnamon sugar coated dough balls on the lined baking sheet pan so that there is a couple of inches around each ball for when they spread out during baking. On a standard baking sheet pan, I was able to do 4 by 3 dough balls (12 cookies) of the #40 scooper.
- Flatten each snickerdoodle dough ball with the heal of your hand.
Baking Snickerdoodle Cookies Recipe
- Place the prepared baking sheet pans in the preheated oven and bake cookies for 8 minutes. TIP: When you start to smell the baked cookies, the snickerdoodle cookies are close to being done.
- Check the snickerdoodles and rotate the baking sheet, if needed.
- If the cookies are not done, bake 1 to 2 minutes longer until the desired cookie doneness is achieved.
- Remove the baking sheet pan from the oven and let the cookies cool for a few minutes before removing them to a wire rack or parchment lined paper.
Dipping Snickerdoodles in White Chocolate
- After the baked cookies are cool, it’s time to dip them in melted white chocolate.
- In a glass jar or bowl that is wider than the biggest baked cookie, melt white chocolate. White chocolate wafers are best but fresh white chocolate chips can also be used.
- Place the white chocolate into the glass jar or bowl and melt in the microwave using 30 second intervals. Stir the chocolate in between intervals.
- When the chocolate is completely melted, dip each cookie about halfway in the white chocolate. Be careful not to break the snickerdoodle cookie.
- Place the chocolate dipped snickerdoodles onto a sheet of wax paper. Sprinkle with your favorite toppings, if desired. Let the chocolate dipped cookies dry and harden to create perfect cookies.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
McCormick Cream Of Tartar, 1.5 oz
HOTEC Silicone Spatula Set Kitchen Utensils - Set of 9
Member's Mark Non-Stick Parchment Paper
KitchenAid Artisan Series 5-Qt. Stand Mixer with Pouring Shield - White
Cookie Scoop Set - #60/1 Tbsp, 40/2 Tbsp, 20/ 3Tbsp - 3 PCS
Commercial Quality Cookie Sheet Pan - 2 Pack
Amount Per Serving Calories 259Total Fat 13gSaturated Fat 8gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 4gCholesterol 39mgSodium 177mgCarbohydrates 34gFiber 1gSugar 23gProtein 3g
Note: For exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information is simply a guideline.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5-star rating take just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Stay in touch with me through social media!
Tried this recipe? Snap a picture and tag #frommichigan2019 on Instagram @frommichigan2019.
Like my page on Facebook.
Follow me on Pinterest
Join my Blackstone Griddle Facebook Pages:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel – Sherry Ronning – to get notification of my latest videos.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may enjoy the following: 120+ Blackstone Griddle Recipes
Leave a Reply