Did someone say pumpkin spice? Try these easy Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies and you will never go back to plain sugar cookies again!
When fall rolls around, I love pumpkin spice recipes with great flavor!! These will become your favorite fall cookies!
That extra pumpkin spice flavor takes your sugar cookie recipe to the next level. Pumpkin Spice Cutout Cookies are great for fall events where you want to impress your family and friends.
Their tender spiced cookie texture along with the hit of pumpkin spice flavor makes these fall cookies a must make! My recipe for pumpkin spice cookies can be made within a matter of 30 minutes.
With the help of a Betty Crocker Sugar Cookie mix, some butter, flour, pumpkin spice, and an egg are all that you need to make this pumpkin spice roll out cookies. Pumpkin spice cookies are great for kids parties and holiday parties.
Because you are using a Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix, there is no need for baking powder, light brown sugar, granulated sugar, baking soda, or other baking ingredients that you would need for a typical sugar cookie recipe.
This pumpkin flavor sugar cookie is coming from pumpkin pie spice and not canned pumpkin puree. I am a huge fan of easy cookies, and this is the perfect recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, a Walmart Affiliate, and a member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Pumpkin Spice Recipes
If you like this pumpkin spice sugar cookies recipe then you should try my pumpkin spice crème brulee recipe. So creamy and incredibly tasty! My pumpkin spice Scomuffie cookies have a crunchy outside layer and a super soft center. Another great fall recipe!
Ingredients in Pumpkin Spice Cookies
- Betty Crocker Sugar Cookies Mix
- All Purpose Flour
- Butter – Melted (salted or unsalted butter works)
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
Gather all the ingredients to make your spiced cookies recipe. Preheat oven to 350°F. In a stand mixer or Kitchen Aid mixer bowl add the dry cookie mix with the flour and the pumpkin pie spice and mix with a flat paddle attachment.
Stir in the melted butter and egg until a soft dough forms. On a floured surface, roll the pumpkin pie spice sugar cookie dough until it’s ¼ inch thick with a rolling pin.
Using your desired 2-inch cookie cutters, cut and place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet. Use several cookie sheets if needed.
In a preheated oven, bake the spiced cookies for 5 to 7 minutes or until the cookie edges are a light golden-brown color. Baking time will vary so keep a close eye on them while baking.
Cool for 2 minutes and then remove from the cookie sheet. Place the spiced cookies on a piece of parchment paper or a cooling rack to cool completely.
Pumpkin Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Use your desired icing recipe or prepare this cream cheese frosting while the cookies are baking. In a stand mixer or Kitchen Aid mixer with a bowl add the soften cream cheese and butter.
It is very important to make sure the cream cheese and the butter is at room temp. Combine 16 ounces of the cream cheese with a stick of butter until smooth.
Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula. Add 1 teaspoon of clear vanilla and 2 ½ cups of powdered sugar.
Carefully mix to combine. Scrape the sides of the bowl again and mix until the cream cheese frosting is smooth.
If needed add more powdered sugar to reach the desired consistency. Use a piping bag with your desired tips to decorate each pumpkin spice sugar cookie.
How to Store Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Because of the cream cheese frosting, this cookie recipe needs to be refrigerated. Line in a single layer on a serving platter or baking sheet and cover with a piece of plastic wrap. Store in a cold place until ready to serve.
How to Freeze Pumpkin Sugar Cookies
Line the cookies on an airtight container. Place a sheet of plastic wrap between the layers. Freeze for up to 3 months.
Tips for Making Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies
Don’t let the cream cheese frosting get too soft or too hard. Having the right consistency makes all the difference in a perfectly decorated spiced sugar cookie.
More Cookie Recipes:
I have several delicious recipes for cookies that you might like to try. Here is an easy link for you to check each dessert cuisine out.
- Date Cookies
- Filled Date Pinwheel Cookies
- Cut Out Sugar Cookies
- Cranberry Pinwheel Cookies
- Chocolate Covered Berry Scomuffie Cookies
- Double Chocolate Scomuffie Cookies
Other Pumpkin Recipes
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies – FAQ
The best way to make the Betty Crocker sugar cookies taste better is to add some pumpkin pie spice to the dry mix before mixing in the melted butter and egg. Also, another great way to make it tastes better is to add a teaspoon of almond extract or vanilla extract with the other liquids.
It depends on your desired outcome. Sprinkle some sugar on your sugar cookies before you bake them if you do not plan on frosting your cookies. If you are frosting your pumpkin spice sugar cookie then add the sugar to the top of the frosting for a little extra flavor.
Pumpkin spice sugar cookies have 132 calories per cookie.
The reason that you would want to chill your sugar cookie dough is to help in the baking process. It makes the dough firmer when you roll out the dough and cut out the cookies. You can also chill the cutout cookie dough before you bake them to help the baked cookies from spreading. Chill both the cookie dough (cut outs) and the baking sheets 10 to 30 minutes and then bake.
Pumpkin Spice Sugar Cookies Recipe
Get the full recipe and nutrition calories below.
- Sugar Cookie Mix (Betty Crocker) 17.5 ounces
- Flour, All Purpose 3 tablespoons
- Pumpkin Pie Spice 1 teaspoon
- Butter, Melted 1/2 cup
- Egg 1 each
- Cream Cheese, Softened 16 ounces
- Butter, Softened 1/2 cup
- Vanilla Extract 1 teaspoon
- Powdered Sugar 2 1/2 cups
- Gather all the ingredients to make your pumpkin spiced cookies recipe.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- In a Kitchen Aid mixer bowl add the dry cookie mix with the flour and the pumpkin pie spice and mix with a flat paddle attachment on low speed.
- Add the melted butter and egg. Mix until a soft dough forms.
- On a floured surface, roll the cookie dough until it’s ¼ inch thick with a rolling pin.
- Cut and place 1 inch apart on an ungreased baking sheet with your desired 2 inch cookie cutters. Use more than one cookie sheet if needed.
- In your hot oven, bake the spiced cookies for 5 to 7 minutes or until the cookie edges are a light golden-brown color. Baking time will vary.
- Cool for a couple of minutes and then remove from the cookie sheet. Place the spiced cookies on a piece of parchment paper to cool completely.
- Make your cream cheese frosting while the cookies are baking. In a Kitchen Aid mixer with a bowl add the soften cream cheese and butter. It is very important that the cream cheese and the butter is softened.
- Combine the cream cheese with a stick of butter until smooth. Scrape the sides of the bowl with a spatula often and continue mixing. Add the vanilla and powdered sugar. Mix to combine but be careful not to splash the powdered sugar out of the bowl. Scrape the sides of the mixing bowl again and mix until the cream cheese frosting is smooth. Add more powdered sugar to reach the desired consistency, if needed.
- Use a piping bag with your desired tips and colors to decorate each pumpkin spice sugar cookie.
- Store the spiced cookies in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 6 days.
- Freeze cookies for up to 3 months in an airtight container.
- Cookies do not need to be chilled before baking but if desired they can be.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Amount Per Serving Calories 132Total Fat 10gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 3gCholesterol 32mgSodium 87mgCarbohydrates 10gFiber 0gSugar 9gProtein 1g
Note: For exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information is simply a guideline.
Did you enjoy this recipe?
Your comment and 5-star recipe rating take just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Stay in touch with me through social media!
Tried this recipe?
Snap a picture and tag #frommichigan2019 on Instagram @frommichigan2019.
Like my page on Facebook.
Follow me on Pinterest
Join my Blackstone Griddle Facebook Pages: Blackstone Griddle Lovers & Outdoor Cooking – Recipes & Food Talk for Smokers, Blackstone, Grill & More
If you enjoy this recipe, you may enjoy the following: 50+ Blackstone Griddle Recipes