My Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe is packed with flavor and can be cooked up in under 30 minutes. Loaded with shrimp, fresh vegetables, and sautéed with fluffy white rice.
Make Blackstone griddle fried rice with shrimp for super easy sautéing and clean up! This fried rice recipe will make a complete meal that your whole family will love.
And let’s talk about leftover’s! You will want to make extras because you will want leftover shrimp fried rice.
My family fights over the leftovers for their lunches the next day. A delicious mixture of diced veggies, scrambled eggs, rice, diced bacon, and juicy shrimp are what makes this the best homemade shrimp fried rice that you will ever have!
This rice recipe may be served as a side dish or as a main dish recipe.
As an Amazon Associate, a Walmart Affiliate, and a member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Chef Sherry’s Cookbook
Join My Blackstone Griddle Lovers Facebook Group!
Shrimp Fried Rice Ingredients
Prepping up all the ingredients ahead of time is a must for this shrimp fried rice recipe. This fried rice recipe cooks up very quickly and you will not have time to go searching for missing ingredients.
- Oil – Olive Oil, Vegetable Oil, Sesame Oil, Canola Oil, Avocado Oil
- Raw Shrimp – Fresh Shrimp or Uncooked Frozen Shrimp
- Fresh White Mushrooms
- White Onion
- Bell Pepper
- Fully Cooked Long Grain White Rice
- Soy Sauce
Do You Cook the Long Grain White Rice Before You Fry It?
Yes, when making griddle fried rice with shrimp, you will want to use cooked white rice for the recipe.
Make sure not to overcook your rice because the fried rice will become mushy. Cooked white rice should be al dente.
What Rice Do You Use for Shrimp Fried Rice?
Long grain white rice works best for griddle fried rice. Some griddle owners say that the white rice needs to be cooked ahead of time and to use only cold rice.
I say that it is okay to use freshly cooked rice to make your fried rice recipe. Having done it both ways, my fried rice with shrimp turns out perfect every time.
What makes a difference is how the long grain white rice is cooked. Check out my “How to Cook Long Grain White Rice Recipe.”
THIS IS NOT THE NORMAL WAY OF COOKING RICE! This is not how I was taught how to cook rice in culinary school!!
I am an old school cook, and this is how I was taught how to cook rice from my mother (30 YEARS AGO).
How to Cook Perfect Rice for Griddle Fried Rice
Start with using dry white enriched long grain white rice. In a large pot, bring 10 cups or more of water to a boil over medium heat.
This rice recipe calls for you to boil the dry rice until it is tender. Add 1 ½ teaspoon of table salt to the boiling water along with 1 1/3 cups of white enriched long grain rice.
This will make about 4 cups of cooked rice. Stir to combine the rice. Carefully, watch the boiling rice water to make sure that it does not boil over.
Stir often to prevent sticking on the bottom and clumping of the rice. You want the rice to be just cooked and not over cooked so test for doneness.
Rice cooking times will vary, so test the white rice after about 8-10 minutes of boiling. Once the long grain white rice is cooked, use a small hole colander, and strain the water off the rice.
Rinse the rice with cold water and toss it around the colander to wash off all the starchiness of the cooked rice. This white rice recipe will not be “sticky rice” which is not what I want!!
Use white rice right away or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator until ready to make shrimp fried rice.
Shrimp Fried Rice Add-Ins
How To Make Shrimp Fried Rice on Blackstone Griddle
Gather your ingredients to make the shrimp fried rice on griddle. Make sure to chop all your vegetables, and the bacon in small pieces.
The fresh vegetables need to be cut small, so they cook quickly. Preheat your Blackstone Griddle to medium heat for 5 minutes.
Add the diced bacon to one side of the hot griddle and cook until the bacon starts to crisp up. On a different part of the hot griddle apply a thin layer of your favorite grease to the flat-top.
Add all the vegetables on top of the greased griddle. Use a griddle spatula to flip the vegetables every couple minutes.
Once the bacon is starting to crisp up and the vegetables are becoming tender, toss the two piles together and stir to combine. If desired, remove the excess bacon grease to the grease trap.
On another part of the hot griddle, add a thin layer of oil. Add the fresh shrimp to the hot oiled griddle and season the shrimp with some salt and pepper.
Cook a couple minutes and use a pair of tongs or the griddle spatula to flip each piece of cooked shrimp over.
You want the shrimp to be pink on both sides and you should not see any uncooked brown spots. Shrimp cook very quickly so do not overcook them.
How to Scramble an Egg for Fried Rice
As the bacon and vegetables are cooking, create a hole in the center of the bacon and veggies to cook the egg. Crack the egg in the center and break the yolk.
Let the egg cook a minute or two before you start to scramble it. Just scramble the egg and try not to mix to many of the bacon and vegetable pieces in.
Scramble the egg until it is soft scrambled. Then mix the bacon, vegetables, and scrambled egg together.
Add the shrimp, rice, salt, and pepper to the other ingredients and stir to combine all together. Cook for a few minutes and continue to combine ingredients.
Sprinkle about a tablespoon of soy sauce over top of the whole rice mixture. Continue to sauté until desired doneness is achieved.
Test the Blackstone Griddle shrimp fried rice for flavor. If needed, add more soy sauce, salt, and pepper. Remove the shrimp fried rice from the griddle to a serving dish.
How to Store Fried Rice with Shrimp
Shrimp fried rice is a recipe that you are going to want to have leftover rice. Leftover fried rice is super delicious and is better after the first day.
Store cooled leftover shrimp fried rice in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 6 days. Reheat in the microwave, in a pot on the stove, or on the flat top griddle.
What to Serve with Griddle Fried Rice with Shrimp
Shrimp fried rice is a perfect meal all by itself but can be served with other recipes. Try smoked baby back ribs, smoked spatchcock chicken, smoking venison kabobs, and smoked chicken thighs. And let’s not forget the desserts! These are a few of my favorites: brown butter German chocolate cake, strawberry coffee cake, and pineapple up-side down cake.
Fried Rice Recipes
Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe – FAQ
Long grain white rice works best for shrimp fried rice. Some griddle lovers say that the rice needs to be cooked ahead of time and then refrigerated overnight. I say that it is okay to use freshly cooked rice to make your fried rice.
Yes, when making shrimp fried rice, you will want to use cooked long grain white rice for the recipe. Make sure not to overcook your white rice because the finished fried rice will become mushy. The long grain white rice should be cooked al dente.
Shrimp Fried Rice Recipe
Get the full recipe and nutritional information below.
- Bacon, Slices, Small Diced 1/2 cup
- Oil, cooking. 1 tablespoon
- Shrimp. Uncooked, Fresh or Frozen 2 cups
- Mushrooms, Fresh, White, Small Diced. 1 cup
- Onion, Small Diced 1/2 cup
- Celery, Small Diced 1/2 cup
- Pepper, Bell, Small Diced 1/2 cup
- Egg, Large 1 each
- White Rice, Long Grain, Fully Cooked 4 cups
- Soy Sauce 1 tablespoon
- Salt 1/4 teaspoon
- Pepper 1/8 teaspoon
- Gather your ingredients to make the shrimp fried rice.
- Dice all your vegetables and the bacon All needs to be cut small, so they sauté quickly.
- Preheat your Blackstone Griddle to medium-low heat for 5 to 10 minutes. Apply a thin layer of oil to season the griddle.
- When the griddle is hot, add the diced bacon pieces to the hot griddle and cook until the bacon starts to crisp up. This will take around 5 minutes.
- Next, add all the vegetables (onion, celery, peppers and mushrooms) on another part of the griddle. Use the griddle spatula to stir cooking vegetables until they are tender crisp.
- On a different part of the griddle, add the shrimp and season to taste. Flip each shrimp, half way through cooking. Continue cooking until fully done but not over cooked.
- Stir the vegetables and bacon together on the griddle.
- As the bacon and vegetables are cooking, make a hole in the middle to cook the egg. Crack the egg into the middle and break the yolk. Use your spatula and scramble the egg by itself until just done.
- On the griddle mix the bacon, vegetables, scrambled egg, rice, salt and pepper. Cook for a few minutes and continue to combine ingredients.
- When the shrimp pieces are fully cooked, add to the rice mixture.
- Sprinkle about a tablespoon or two of soy sauce over top of the rice mixture. Continue to sauté until desired doneness is achieved.
- Test the Blackstone Griddle shrimp fried rice for flavor. Add more soy sauce, salt and pepper if needed.
- When desired fried rice flavor is achieved, remove from the griddle to a serving dish.
- Add or subtract your favorite vegetables to this shrimp fried rice dish.
- Substitute diced steak or chicken for the shrimp.
- If you don't have a Blackstone griddle, use a large sauté pan on the stove top instead.
- Substitute your favorite seasoning to taste until your desired flavor is achieved.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Amount Per Serving Calories 446Total Fat 11gSaturated Fat 3gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 7gCholesterol 209mgSodium 1240mgCarbohydrates 59gFiber 5gSugar 3gProtein 29g
Note: For exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information is simply a guideline.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5-star rating take just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Stay in touch with me through social media!
Tried this recipe? Snap a picture and tag #frommichigan2019 on Instagram @frommichigan2019.
Join my Blackstone Griddle Facebook Pages:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel – Sherry Ronning – to get notification of my latest videos.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may enjoy the following: 140+ Blackstone Griddle Recipes