This is a collection of the Best Lion Mane Mushroom Recipes, all in one place for you to enjoy! With the ability to grow your own Lion’s Mane Mushrooms, having great mushroom recipes are a must.
After being gifted a large supply of Lion Mane Mushrooms from my cousin, Judy Dean, I have been obsessed with these soft snow-white mushroom balls. They taste as good as they look!!
Many compare these unique mushrooms to the flavor of crab and lobster meat. I don’t taste that seafood comparison. An earthy flavor is what I get.
When these Lion’s Mane Mushrooms are cooked into a dish, they take on the flavor of the dish.
This collection of Lion’s Mane Mushroom Recipes will grow as my production of mushrooms continues. If you have a particular Lion’s Mane Recipe that you would like me to create, then feel free to send me a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
What is Lion’s Mane Mushrooms?
A Lion’s Mane Mushroom is a soft, firm durable mushroom. It comes in 3 different varieties found in the Eastern North America.
The 3 species are Hericium Coralloides, Hericium Erinaceus, and Hericium Americanum. Check out Wikipedia HERE for more information about Lion’s Mane Mushrooms.
Where to Buy Lion’s Mane Mushroom
You have several choices when it comes to getting your hands on Lion’s Mane Mushrooms.
- Forge in the woods for wild mushrooms. I suggest going with an experienced hunter.
- Ask around your community. I have discovered several suppliers in my area this way.
- Go to local farmers markets.
- Check your grocery store and look by the other mushrooms. I discovered many different mushroom varieties that I didn’t know they sold.
- Grow Mushrooms at Home. With a suggestion from my cousin, I decided to purchase a grow mushrooms kit from Michigan Mushroom Company. Buy your own mushroom grow kit HERE.
How to Grow Lion’s Mane Mushrooms
With so many suppliers of grow mushrooms kits out there, you can grow mushrooms at home too!! Born and raised in Michigan, I choose a mushroom growing kit from Michigan Mushroom Company.
So easy and fun to watch as several Lion’s Mane Mushrooms starts to grow. I have had my kit for 3 months and it still is producing mushrooms.
Lion’s Mane Mushroom – FAQ
Yes, you can eat Lion’s Mane Mushrooms raw. They taste even better cooked!! You can also dry your mushrooms for later and then hydrate when ready to use. Also take your dried mushrooms and steep in tea.
If you make other mushroom recipes, then you should be able to substitute Lion’s Mane Mushrooms for other mushrooms. Make pasta recipes, side dishes, breakfast recipes or anything that you can think of.
Lion Mane Mushroom Recipes
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5-star rating take just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Stay in touch with me through social media!
- Tried this recipe? Snap a picture and tag #frommichigan2019 on Instagram@frommichigan2019.
- Like my page on Facebook.
- Follow me on Pinterest
- Join my Blackstone Griddle Facebook Page: Blackstone Griddle Post Seasoning, Recipes and Mods
If you enjoy this recipe, you may enjoy the following: 50+ Blackstone Griddle Recipes