This Wine Slushie Recipe is for the wine enthusiasts and seeker of a refreshing adult cocktail! Chill, sip, and enjoy this perfectly crafted wine slushy on a hot summer day.
Grab you favorite bottle of wine and let’s dive into the art of creating this delightful summertime beverage that’s sure to become a go-to for gatherings and relaxation!
This sophisticated essence of wine and the icy indulgence of a slushie create a vibrant and luscious drink that you will be proud to share with family and friends.
Get my, Chef Sherry’s, step-by-step instructions on how to whip up the perfect frozen wine drinks that will turn any occasion into a refreshing and delightful experience.
No high powered blender needed to blend ice cubes. This is the perfect summer drink.
Whether you’re relaxing by the pool, hosting a summer party, or simply looking to cool off, these wine-infused slushies are the answer to a delicious sweet escape. So, pick your favorite wine and let the wine slushie-making adventure begin!
As an Amazon Associate, a Walmart Affiliate, and a member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
What Wine to Use for a Wine Slush
You can use any wine that you like for this wine slushie recipe! If you like sweet cocktail, make a white wine slushies.
Then you will want a Moscato wine, Pinot Grigio, or a sweet Riesling. A white dry wine option would be Sauvignon Blanc.
You can even use a red wine! Cabernet, Pinot Noir, and Merlot are all good options.
Whatever favorite white wine or red wine you use will shape the flavor profile of your slushie frozen cocktail. Experiment with different wines that you like and create a frozen slushie drink that you love.
Wine Slushie Ingredients
This wine slush recipe is a combination of a whiskey slush and white wine. Wine takes the whiskey slush to another level.
Frozen Orange Juice Concentrate
Frozen Lemonade Concentrate
Making Whiskey Slush
Steeped the tea by soaking the tea bags in water to extract the flavor. Make sure to do this first before mixing the slush together.
In a gallon or larger container, add the frozen lemonade and frozen orange juice along with the water, sugar, whiskey, vodka, and steeped tea. With a long spoon, stir all the ingredients together until all the sugar is dissolved.
Divide the liquid mixture into 5 – two-quart containers. Make sure to stir the mixture well before splitting into the containers. Seal, label, date, and place in the freezer for at least 24 hours before using.
How to Make Wine Slushie
To serve the wine slushie, gather the frozen slushie mixture, your favorite grapefruit soda or lemon lime soda, and any garnishes that you want. MAKE SURE NOT TO MIX A LARGE BATCH OF SLUSH UP AT A TIME. THIS IS A SINGLE SERVING FROZEN WINE COCKTAIL!
You want the wine slush to be served with frozen slushy pieces in it, not just a liquid drink. Only make and serve single glasses of the wine slush.
Do not remove the whiskey slushie frozen mixture from the freezer until you are ready to serve the cocktail. Use the glassware of your choice to serve the cocktail. My favorite glass is a highball glass!
In the glass, add about 1/3rd of the frozen whiskey slush mixture, 1/3rd of the soda pop, and 1//3rd of the wine of your choice.
TIP: When the whiskey slushie mixture is frozen, the bottom of the freezer container has more alcohol than the top.
Stir all the frozen wine slushie cocktail together. Serve right away with your favorite drink garnish and straw.
Wine Slushie Garnishes
- Lemon, Lime, and Orange – Wedges, Circles, Zest
- Sugared Glass Rim – Granulated, Super Fine, Fine
- Dried Fruit Slices, Orange, Lemon, or Lime
- Fresh Fruit of any kind as well as Frozen Fruit
- A Sprig of Fresh Mint
How to Store Wine Slushies
Store the frozen whiskey slush mixture in the freezer for up to 12 months. Do not mix in the soda or wine and then freeze the cocktail.
You will lose the soda pop fizz. The soda pop is only used when you are ready to serve the frozen wine cocktail.
Wine Slushie Recipes
- Tropical Wine Slushies – Add Coconut Rum, Frozen Mango, Pineapple Juice
- Strawberry Wine Slushies – Add Frozen Strawberries
- Pineapple Wine Slushie Recipe – Add Fresh or Frozen Pineapple
- Peach Wine Slushie Recipe – Add Frozen Peaches
Whiskey Wine Slushy Substitutions
If you don’t like the whiskey and vodka combination, that’s okay! You can add all whiskey or all vodka. You can swap out the whiskey and vodka for some different kinds of alcohol like coconut rum, pineapple rum, dark rum, banana liqueur, Malibu rum, and white rum. Just add equal parts of the alcohol to the whiskey slushy mixture.
Add different types of mashed or diced fruit before freezing or add the fruit in before serving.
Swap out the soda for a fruit juice like cranberry juice, coconut milk, apple juice, coconut water, or canned pineapple juice
Add a splash of grenadine or maraschino cherry juice to the wine slush as a garnish.
More Slushie Cocktail Recipes
What to Serve with This Frozen Wine Slushy
I like to serve this wine slush with a great meat and cheese charcuterie board, a great slab of smoked BBQ baby back ribs, a pulled pork nachos, and cheese pizza. These Chinese dumplings pair perfectly with this frozen wine slushy!
Wine Slushie – FAQ
Absolutely! You can choose your favorite type of wine, whether it’s a crisp white wine, a delightful rosé, or a bold red. Each variety will bring its unique characteristics to the slushie.
The slushie mixture needs to be made in advance but mix it together before serving to keep the slushie consistency.
Chef Sherry’s Online Cooking Classes
Wine Slush Recipe
Get the full frozen wine cocktail recipe and nutritional information below.
- Orange Juice, frozen concentrate 12 ounces
- Lemonade, frozen concentrate 12 ounces
- Sugar, granulated 2 cups
- Water, Divided 9 cups
- Vodka 1 1/2 cup
- Whiskey 1 1/2 cup
- Tea bags 3 each
- Grapefruit Soda 2 liters
- White Wine 750 ml
Making Whiskey Slush Recipe
- Steeped the tea bags by soaking the tea in water to extract the flavor. Make sure to do this first before mixing the whiskey slush together.
- In large gallon container, add the frozen lemonade and frozen orange juice concentrate along with the water, sugar, whiskey, vodka, and steeped tea. With a long spoon, stir all the wine slush mix ingredients together until all the sugar is dissolved.
- Divide the mixture into 5 – two-quart containers. Make sure to stir the slush mixture well before splitting into the quart containers. Seal, label, date, and place in the freezer for at least 24 hours before making the wine slushy.
How to Make Wine Slushy
- To serve the wine slushy, gather the frozen slush mixture, your favorite grapefruit soda pop or lemon lime soda, and any garnishes that you want.
- MAKE SURE NOT TO MIX A LARGE BATCH OF WINE SLUSHIE UP AT A TIME. THIS IS A SINGLE SERVING FROZEN WINE COCKTAIL! You want the wine slushy to be served with frozen slushie pieces in it, not just a liquid drink. Only make and serve single glasses of the wine slush. Do not remove the whiskey slush frozen mixture from the freezer until you are ready to serve the cocktail.
- Use the glassware of your choice to serve the wine cocktail. In the glass, add about 1/3rd of the frozen whiskey slushy mixture, 1/3rd of the soda pop, and 1//3rd of the wine of your choice.
- TIP:When the whiskey slush mixture is frozen, the bottom of the freezer container has more alcohol than the top.
- Gently stir all the frozen wine slushie cocktail together. Serve right away with your favorite garnish.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Amount Per Serving Calories 127Total Fat 0gSaturated Fat 0gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 0gCholesterol 0mgSodium 5mgCarbohydrates 17gFiber 0gSugar 16gProtein 0g
Nutrition information isn’t always accurate.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5-star rating take just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Stay in touch with me through social media!
Tried this recipe? Snap a picture and tag #frommichigan2019 on Instagram @frommichigan2019.
Like my page on Facebook.
Follow me on Pinterest
Join my Blackstone Griddle Facebook Pages:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel – Sherry Ronning – to get notification of my latest videos.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may enjoy the following: 120+ Blackstone Griddle Recipes