Pulled Pork Nachos are very satisfying and super easy to make! A real crowd pleaser that is great for Super Bowl Sunday parties, family gatherings, holiday get togethers, or just for 2 people.
Use slow cooked pulled pork or my favorite is smoked pulled pork! These Smoked Pork nachos show how smoked pulled pork and savory cheese make a great combination.
Make with as little as 3 ingredients or dress it up with an array of your favorite toppings. Use my homemade BBQ sauce recipe and drizzle across the top of the savory pulled pork nachos recipe to take it to the next level!
Make these pulled pork nachos in the Blackstone Pizza Oven, on the Blackstone Flat Top Griddle, in the oven, on a grill, and even make them in a smoker grill for a little extra flavor.
As an Amazon Associate, a Walmart Affiliate, and a member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Ingredients for Pulled Pork Nachos
Shredded Colby Jack Cheese or Mexican Blend Cheese
Toppings of Your Choice: Shredded Lettuce, Diced Tomatoes, Sliced Onions, Etc.
The Best Pork for Pulled Pork Nachos
I have made pulled pork many different ways and all of them will work for this pork nachos recipe. Make the pork recipe that works for you.
I have even been gifted bags of leftover shredded pork after family gatherings. Leftover pulled pork is perfect for this nachos recipe!
If you don’t have time to make your own pulled pork, then use the store-bought shredded pulled pork. You can find it in the deli section or the meat section of your local grocery store.
How to Make Griddle Pulled Pork Nachos
Preheat your Flat Top Griddle to medium heat. Apply a thin layer of your favorite cooking oil to the griddle surface as it is heating up.
When the griddle is hot, add the shredded pulled pork. Cook the pulled pork, breaking it up as you go.
As the meat is warming up, place the tortilla chips on a prepared baking sheet pan. Do this by laying a piece of parchment paper or aluminum foil onto the baking sheet pan and spreading a single layer of tortilla chips across the whole top of the pan.
Top the tortilla chips with the warmed pulled pork. Sprinkle the shredded Mexican cheese blend over top of the chips and shredded pork.
Place the whole sheet pan with the chips, pulled pork, and cheese onto the hot Griddle Flat Top and cover with a dome lid for about 2 – 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
By doing this you are creating an oven affect and making baked pulled pork nachos. When the cheese is melted, remove from the griddle and top with your favorite garnishes.
How to Make Pizza Oven Pulled Pork Nachos
Preheat your Blackstone Pizza oven to medium low heat. Gather all the ingredients to make your nachos with pulled pork recipe.
On a sheet pan, arrange a single layer of the tortilla chips. Sprinkle a layer of the shredded pulled pork overtop of the tortilla chips.
Top the pulled pork and the tortilla chips with a layer of shredded Mexican Blend cheese. Once the pizza oven is hot, place the prepared sheet pan into the center of the pizza stone.
Let the nachos bake until all the cheese has melted which should only take a couple minutes. Carefully, remove from the pizza oven and top with the toppings of your choice. Serve right away while the shredded pork nachos are still warm.
Oven, Grill, and Smoker Grilled Shredded Pork Nachos
Layer your nachos as described above. Making pulled pork nachos can be done in the oven, grill, and the smoker grill with very little adjustment.
Preheat, place the prepared baking pan on the grate, shut the door and let the cheese melt. Watch closely and remove when ready. Garnish with your favorite toppings and serve warm.
Pork Nachos Optional Toppings
This pulled pork nachos recipe is super easy to customize! Add extra flavor with all your favorite toppings, including:
- Sliced Black Olives or Green Olives,
- Fresh Jalapeños or Pickled Jalapeños
- Pico de Gallo
- Any Flavor Salsa
- Hot Sauce
- Nacho Cheese Sauce
- Lime Wedges
- Green Onions
- Different Shredded Cheese Combinations
- Fresh Cilantro
- BBQ Sauce
- Black Beans
- Dollops of Sour Cream
- Crème Fraiche
Swap Out the Meat In your Nachos!
Pulled pork is a great choice when making griddle nachos, but I also like using seasoned ground beef, ground chicken or ground turkey. Also try shredded chicken or shredded beef instead of ground beef.
Have a Loaded Nachos Bar!
A great Super Bowl party idea: set out the pulled pork, toppings, and chips and encourage your guests to assemble their own customized nachos!
Have great fun putting out a huge spread of toppings! There are so many topping options!!
Can I Make Pork Nachos Ahead of Time?
In order for the tortilla chips to remain crispy and crunchy, this pulled pork nachos recipe should be assembled just before eating. However, you can get everything ready to make pulled pork nachos recipe ahead of time. Here’s how:
1. Use a slow cooker to hold your prepared pulled pork.
2. Prepare your nachos toppings, keeping them in the refrigerator in separate containers until you’re ready to make them.
3. Have all the plates, napkins, and silverware set out so when it’s time to assemble the loaded nachos, your guests can help themselves.
Join My Blackstone Griddle Lovers Facebook Group!
How to Store Pork Nachos
Once assembled, pulled pork nachos do not keep well. However, I have done it and successfully reheated them. Give it a try:
· Remove any extra toppings such as sour cream, diced tomatoes, and lettuce from the top of any nachos you want to store in the fridge.
· Put the leftover nachos into an airtight container and keep them for no longer than a day or two. Any longer than that and they’ll be tough to crisp up when reheating.
How to Reheat Pork Nachos
- Preheat the oven to 425F.
- Put the leftover pulled pork nachos on a sheet pan and bake them in the preheated oven for a few minutes until they start too crisp up.
- Watch the nachos closely to make sure nothing burns!
- Add your desired toppings and enjoy!
What to Serve with Pork Nachos
Pulled pork nachos are great all by themselves but if you would like to pair them with something else, try a cold beer or one of these great recipes!
Pulled Pork Nachos – FAQ
Layering nachos is completely customizable. Sprinkle the toppings like diced bell peppers, chopped tomatoes, and of course, a dollop of sour cream. Crunchy shredded lettuce adds a nice touch to these towering nachos. Serve hot and make sure to have a variety of sides that your guests will like.
Shredded cheese flavors is such a personal preference, but my family and I love using a blend of Colby Jack and cheddar. Colby Jack has a lovely, melted texture while the cheddar adds loads of flavor. Shred your own cheese for easy melting and to get the perfect blend of cheese. Or make it easy on yourself and purchase a bag of pre-shredded Mexican blend cheese.
You can add a thin layer of salsa to the pork nachos if you like, but my personal preference is to save the salsa for dipping. This way I can get as much salsa on each tortilla chip as I like, and I don’t have to worry about the salsa creating soggy chips.
Chef Sherry’s Online Cooking Classes
Pulled Pork Nachos Recipe
For the full recipe and nutrition calories, click below for the recipe card.
- Pulled Pork 1 pound
- Tortilla Strips 12 ounces
- Shredded Cheese 2 cups
- Lettuce, Shredded 1/2 cup
Griddle Pulled Pork Nachos
- Preheat the Blackstone Griddle to medium heat.
- As the Griddle is heating up, apply a thin layer of oil and spread with a griddle spatula.
- When the flat top griddle is hot, add pulled pork to the griddle. Cook and break it up as you go, until it is in small pieces.
- As the shredded pork is warming, place tortilla chips on a prepared baking sheet pan lined with parchment paper.
- Top the tortilla chips with the warm pulled pork, and the shredded cheese.
- Place the whole prepared sheet pan onto the the hot Blackstone Griddle and cover with a large dome lid for about 2 - 3 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Choose and add your desired nacho toppings.
- Serve warm with your favorite side dishes.
Pizza Oven, Grill, Oven, and Smoker Grill
- Layer your pulled pork nachos as described above.
- Making shredded pork nachos can be done in the pizza oven, oven, grill, and the smoker grill with very little adjustment.
- Preheat, place the prepared baking sheet pan on the grate, shut the door and let the shredded cheese melt. Watch the nachos closely and remove when ready.
- Garnish the pulled pork nachos with your favorite toppings and serve warm.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Amount Per Serving Calories 328Total Fat 17gSaturated Fat 6gTrans Fat 0gUnsaturated Fat 9gCholesterol 38mgSodium 561mgCarbohydrates 32gFiber 2gSugar 7gProtein 14g
Note: For exact nutritional information, consult your dietitian. All nutritional information is simply a guideline.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Your comment and 5-star rating take just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Stay in touch with me through social media!
Tried this recipe? Snap a picture and tag #frommichigan2019 on Instagram @frommichigan2019.
Like my page on Facebook.
Follow me on Pinterest
Join my Blackstone Griddle Facebook Pages:
Subscribe to my YouTube channel – Sherry Ronning – to get notification of my latest videos.
If you enjoy this recipe, you may enjoy the following: 120+ Blackstone Griddle Recipes