With a Blackstone Electric Griddle, you can cook outdoors and indoors! This unit is perfect for people who have limited space in their kitchen or apartments or who do not want the hassle of using gas for griddling.
Living in Michigan, our weather is very cold during the winter. Which means that our outdoor 36-inch Blackstone Griddle that uses a propane tank does not like to work.
After two years of not being able to use my outdoor flat top griddle in the cold, I decided to purchase an indoor electric Blackstone Griddle. AND I LOVE IT!!!!
I love the non-stick surface. I love not having to worry about the seasoning of the flat top. The clean-up is so easy and there are no gas tanks to mess with.
And I can use this griddle indoors when it is freezing outside. Blackstone’s first fully electric flat top griddle has been introduced in its E-Series line.
The Blackstone electric grill with hood is different from the traditional outdoor grill for many reasons. It has been known as a Walmart exclusive but can now be purchased online at Blackstone Products and also Amazon.
As an Amazon Associate, a Walmart Affiliate, and a member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Does Blackstone Make an Electric Griddle?
I have so many people telling me that they never knew that Blackstone Products made an electric flat top grill. The Blackstone E-Series Griddle comes in two sizes, the 17-inch, and the 22-inch.
The gas griddle and the electric griddle have very different characteristics but are also very similar.
Chef Sherry’s Cookbook
Blackstone’s E-series Electric Griddles
Blackstone Products have both gas and electric flat top griddles. First producing a whole line of gas griddles, Blackstone Products seen a need for a good quality electric flat top grill.
The electric griddles come in the 17-inch and 22-inch models. Electric Blackstone Griddles are also known as Blackstone E-Series Griddles.
The electric E-Series Blackstone Griddles are available at Blackstone Products, Walmart, and Amazon. The electric griddles do not require any seasoning of the flat top because it has a non-stick surface that is made of ceramic titanium.
Because of this non-stick griddle you need to use non-abrasive utensils and tools when cooking and cleaning. Since they’re tabletop griddles, it is extremely portable and easy to transport.
The E-Series is perfect for family kitchens and can easily be moved if you wish to bring them outdoors on an RV tour and/or camp.
How much does an electric griddle cost?
Prices vary from website to website but expect to pay anywhere from $150 on up. Sales do happen so you might be able to find a lesser price for an electric Blackstone griddle.
Remember, you are paying for a good reputable product that has been tested by many, many people.
Electric Griddle Safety Tips
Food safety is of utmost importance!! Follow these four tips to ensure the safety of your guests.
- Keep everything clean and sanitized by washing your hands, the utensils, and all the surfaces with hot soapy water before handling all raw meat.
- Separate the ready to eat foods from raw meats while cooking on the griddle. Clean soiled platters and utensils while cooking to avoid cross contamination.
- Use a digital thermometer to make sure the food reaches the proper temperature before serving. Find and use a meat temperature chart to tell if meat is cooked thoroughly.
- Refrigerate leftovers and prepared foods promptly to ensure the growth of unwanted bacteria.
- When turned on the electric griddle gets very hot. Do not move the unit when in use.
- The cooking unit is not water safe. Do not immerse in water.
- Wash the griddle with a damp cloth before use.
- Protect your hands while cooking by using oven mitts.
- Turn the temperature dial to the off position when not in use.
Blackstone Electric Flat Top Grill Comes with a Removable Hood
The Blackstone Electric Griddles have a unique rotation and removal hood design. The rear hinge system with its large handrail allows the user to raise the front hood with one hand.
Covering foods during cooking is often common, and this hood is ideal for holding the heat during cooking. Great for melting cheese, allows the delicate meat to cook evenly and retains its texture and taste.
This hood serves as a guard from splattering grease while cooking bacon and burgers indoors.
How to Clean the Electric Blackstone Griddle
Clean-up of an electric flat top grill is so easy. When doing everyday cleaning, you want to make sure that the grease trap tray is in it’s proper spot.
The griddle should be cooled enough so that you don’t burn yourself. The electric components are not water safe.
Wearing rubber gloves will help to protect your hands. Start by using a soapy, wet paper towel or soft cloth and gently wipe off the dirty griddle.
Once the flat top griddle is completely clean of the cooked-on food, wipe off the soap, rinse with clean water, and dry fully. Are there troubled spots on the griddle?
For a more intense griddle cleaning, make sure the grease trap tray is in place, and heat the flat top on low. Combine one cup of hot water with one tablespoon of dish soap.
Use cleaning gloves to protect your hands along with a soft cloth and wipe down the top of the griddle. DO NOT USE AN ABRASIVE CLEANING PAD OR SCRAP WITH A METAL UTENSIL!
Blackstone squeeze bottles with water works great! Fill with warm water and have on hand when needed.
The heat of the griddle along with the concentrated soapy hot water will help to loosen the griddle debris. Keep soaking the tough spot with the hot soapy water and wiping with the soft cloth until completely clean.
The final step is to turn the griddle off and cool. Use a clean, soft cloth to do a final rinse of the surface and dry completely. Make sure to properly clean the inside of the lid and also the grease trap.
How to Protect the Non-Stick Griddle Top
Protecting the top from metal utensils is very important. Do not cut on the cooking surface of the flat top griddle.
The ceramic griddle surface is not dishwasher safe. Protect the griddle surface only using wood, plastic, rubber, or silicone cooking utensils.
Do not use metal scouring pads, abrasive cleaners, or anything that may scratch the cooking surface. Water should not be left on the griddle surface for more than two hours.
The Benefits of Blackstone Electric Griddle?
The Blackstone E-Series griddle has many benefits over the standard Blackstone flat top outdoor griddle.
- No more gas tanks to purchase and have extras on hand.
- With the ceramic titanium flat top grill electric, there is no “seasoning” of the griddle.
- Operates on electricity from a standard outlet.
- Can be used indoors as well as outdoors. Outdoor cooking is so much fun to do!
- Rear grease trap that is easy to remove and clean and is dishwasher safe.
- The perfect size for portable and lightweight for easy transport.
- Use the e series griddle on the countertop or get a prep cart to place the electric tabletop griddle onto.
- With the non-stick surface, just wipe clean with a soapy towel, rinse with clean water, and dry.
- An easy-to-read large LCD digital temperature display.
- Easy to remove glass lid provides protection and traps heat for cooking and steaming of your food.
Blackstone Electric Griddle Carry Bag
If you plan on transporting your electric griddle from place to place, it would be best to have a griddle carry bag to help protect all the parts. The electric Blackstone griddle carry bag works for both the 17-inch and the 22-inch electric griddles.
Blackstone Electric Griddle – FAQ
Blackstone griddles are either gas grills or electric grills and can even be a combination of both gas and electric.
No, you do not have to season the Blackstone Electric Griddle because of the non-stick surface. The ceramic titanium flat top grill makes cooking on the griddle very easy.
Yes, the Blackstone griddle is defiantly worth the price. If taken care of properly, you will get many, many years use of this appliance. If desired, you can cook breakfast, lunch, dinner, appetizers, and desserts on the Blackstone griddle.
How to Assemble a 17-Inch Blackstone Electric Griddle
Get the step by step instructions below on how to assemble your new 17-inch electric Blackstone griddle.
- 1 - Box with a 17-inch Blackstone Electric Griddle
- Clean Wash Cloth
- Soapy Water
- Fresh Water
- Assembly is easy to complete with only five components inside the box. Remove all the pieces from the box and packaging that protects the unit during shipping.
- After reading the warning label on the electric base, the sticker needs to be removed. A damp cloth works best, or you can use some Goo Gone.
- The next thing that you will want to do is place the grease cup into the slots on the back side of the unit.
- Place the flat top griddle on the electric base. The griddle top needs the front feet to slide into the front brackets and then the back feet will rest on the back brackets.
- With a damp wash cloth from soapy water, wipe down the whole inside of the griddle and the inside of the cover. Then take a clean non-soapy washcloth and re-wipe the two pieces again.
- The cover will come on quickly and can be used while cooking. Set the hood onto the flat top griddle. You will have to open the lid to get the hinges to slide into the brackets on the backside of the griddle top.
- Finally, take the power cord and plug it into the socket on the back side of the griddle body. When you are ready to cook on the griddle, plug the cord into an electrical outlet.
- Make sure to register your electric flat top griddle at blackstoneproducts.com/register.
- Do not submerge the base unit into water!
- Protect the ceramic griddle top by using non-abrasive utensils such as wooden, silicone, or plastic cookware.
- The removable grease trap is dishwasher safe.
- The Blackstone Electric Griddle can be used indoor and outdoor.
- No gas tank needed!
- Follow all safety guidelines while using the electric grill.
- Press the dial in the turn on the griddle. Turn the dial to get to the desired temperature. To set the temperature, press the dial button in.
- The Zone Temp dash area will light up and when it reaches the orange area, the temperature is set.
- To turn the Blackstone griddle off, press and hold the control dial.
- Do not move the electric table top griddle until it has cooled down properly.
- Use a carry case if you are planning on transporting the electric griddle from place to place.
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. This page contains affiliate links. Click on the highlighted text in a post to explore a product. If you purchase through one of them, I will receive a commission (at no additional cost to you). I ONLY EVER ENDORSE PRODUCTS THAT I TRULY LOVE. Thank you for your support!
Blackstone Tabletop Griddle Carry Bag – Fits 17 Inch & 22 Inch Tabletop – Portable BBQ Grill Griddle Carry Bag - 600D Heavy Duty Weather-Resistant Cover Accessories – 5035
Blackstone Culinary Plastic Squeeze Bottle for Gas Grills 3 in. L x 3 in. W - Case of: 1;
17 Inch Electric Tabletop Griddle with Hood, Black
Register Your Griddle
As you are unpacking your new E-Series Blackstone Griddle take a picture of your store receipt as well as the model and serial number which can be found on the body of the appliance.
It is a large silver sticker on the outside of the bottom base. You will want to register your new griddle at blackstoneproducts.com/register so that Blackstone Products customer service representatives can quickly aid with your griddle if needed.
My griddle came with a 1-year warranty from all parts, workmanship, and finishes. Follow the warranty guidelines in your owner’s manual.
Did you enjoy this post? Your comment and 5-star rating take just seconds but helps other readers and helps our site gain more readers! Thank you for taking the time to share your comments!
Stay in touch with me through social media!
Do you have a Blackstone Griddle? Snap a picture and tag #frommichigan2019 on Instagram @frommichigan2019.
Like my page on Facebook.
Follow me on Pinterest
Join my Blackstone Griddle Facebook Pages: Blackstone Griddle Lovers & Outdoor Cooking – Recipes & Food Talk for Smokers, Blackstone, Grill & More
If you enjoy this recipe, you may enjoy the following: 101+ Blackstone Griddle Recipes